Date: 8th Jan 2021
MCDC Nepal, a non-profitable social development organization of Nepal. Currently, MCDC Nepal is implementing the Wealthungerlife(WHH) supported project titled “Strengthening municipal-wide WASH governance for social change in Saptari District-NPL 1060” Province No. 2, we invite applications from interested and qualified Nepali citizens for the following position. This project is running from the date of Dec.2019 and the project ending date is Dec.2021. This position is based in the Saptari district frequently field visit in 3 Palikas of project area namely Dakneshwari Municipality, Bishnupur, and Rajgadh Rural Municipality.
Position: Project Coordinator
Required no.: 1
Qualification and experiences: Master’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Public Health, Development Management, or any other discipline equivalent and have 5 plus years of diversified experiences in WASH as well as project planning, implementation, and management along with Advance computer skills and fluent in speaking & report writing skill in English, Nepali and local languages.
Assignment: 70% time for planning, coordination, coherence, monitoring and supervision, reporting and documentation whereas 30% for field-based activities and support visits.
Safeguarding: We respect and follow the safeguarding policy every time. The post holder will have contact with children and/or young peoples, vulnerable communities and stakeholders either frequently or intensively in the program area because they work for country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing policy and the police checking/vetting process staff.
Please send or submit your updated CV with at least 2 refrees, Application Letter and a Current Passport size photo on any of the following addresses:
Head Office, Agnisairkrishnasavran-6 Mahuli Saptari
Before 05:00 PM, 15th January 2021
Female, Dalit, Janjati, Madeshi, Unreached/Marginalized Youths and Locals are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for further selection process. Canvassing at any stage of the process shall lead to automatic disqualification. 2 wheelers licence is must basic requirements to apply.Right to reject and select the application shall remain to the organization.
MCDC Nepal, Saptari
Title of the Post
Location of the Post
Province-2, Saptari, MCDC Nepal, Field Office, Rajbiraj
Executive Director (ED)/Program Manager
Position to be supervised
NPL 1060 Project field team (MCDC)
· WASH Officer(s) (Technical and Non-technical)
· Admin and Finance Officer
· Nutrition Officer
· Enterprise Development Officer
· WASH Field Mentors
ED/PM and WHH PC
Mainly entire NPL 1060 project area, Saptari (Bishnupur, Rajgad, Dakneshowari)
Summary of Job:
The position holder is responsible for overall management and coordination of Project (NPL 1060) entitled “Strengthening WASH Governance for social change in Saptari District, Nepal”. She/He will lead the planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities related to drinking water supply, total sanitation, WASH in institutions, nutrition, and WASH governance in three Municipality of Saptari district and ensure the overall achievement of project outcomes. Under the direct supervision of Executive Director (ED)/Program Manager/Chairperson, he/she is responsible for monitoring of project activities, supervision of project staffs and coordinating with district and municipal authorities, stakeholders, and Welthungerhilfe. He/She will also be accountable for extending the coordination, coherence and harmonization with local government, stakeholders, line agencies and I/NGOs to create an amicable environment to achieve the ethos of the organization.
The Project Coordinator bears lead responsibility and accountability of effective mobilization of staff, timely planning and execution of targets and goals, maintaining financial discipline, organizational development and institutionalization of synergy amongst core and non-core programs assuring periodic reporting and documentation. He/she will manage his/her 70% time for planning, coordination, coherence, monitoring and supervision, reporting and documentation whereas 30% for field-based activities and support visits.
Program Design and Implementation:
- Prepare annual/quarterly and monthly detail implementation plan, budgeting of the project activities in line with project targets/outcomes.
- Ensure the effective activities planning and implementation of activities with high quality results;
- Guide/support the subordinates/officers for annual/quarterly/monthly program design, planning and budgeting.
- Guide/support the staffs for quality program implementation by collaborating and coordinating with stakeholders, Govt. line agencies and I/NGOs.
- Work with team to design innovative plan on, WASH governance, nutrition, behavioral change, livelihood and income generation (LIG) interventions that can directly contribute for WASH governance, improve health status, increase household economic opportunities and ultimately for strengthening local government.
- Ensure inter-sectoral coordination among subordinates to create environment for serving the significant benefits to the deprived communities and impact areas by all core programs.
- Assess the capacity development need of staff and executive board members for their professional development.
- Ensure the staff safety & security during on-duty and keep updated of all MCDC Nepal and WHH policies and principles at all time of project implementation and management.
- Act as a Security Focal Person and emergency focal person in case of any emergency in the project area
- Highly ensure the reporting cutoff date by addressing project performance.
Monitoring and Supervision:
- Provide guidance and inputs to project staffs to ensure effective community mobilization and to maintain better synergy amongst sectors.
- Encourage to subordinates in exploring and identifying the best practices as well as new approaches of program delivery that can contribute for program scaling up and extension.
- Conduct regular staff meeting to resolve the programmatic and administrative issues.
- Encourage and provide guidance to the subordinates for documentation of achievements.
- Ensure the quality of program implementation by organizing support visits and joint monitoring on a regular basis.
- Ensure the project monitoring and evaluation system is establish and targets and indicators are meet as per the logical framework
- Frequent monitor the field level progress by ensuring higher quality & feedback to concern staffs for effective implementation.
- Ensure Complain feedback Response Mechanisms widely shared in implementing areas.
- Monitor and control over the planned budget versus expenditure and ensure its proper documentation for effective and efficient financial management.
- Ensure the timely financial reporting to executive board and donor organization by finance officer and provide inputs/guidance, if any.
- Guide the subordinates for better store management and monitor the documentation of all kinds of procurement.
- Ensure that physical verification of goods and assets are done by finance team on time.
- Suggest or recommend the Executive Board to update the existing policies for incorporation of the best practices.
- Supervise and provide guidance to program and administrative staff members for their better performance and to submit annual performance evaluation of them to Executive Board.
- Ensure the adherence of policy and procedure of organization by each and every staff of the organization.
- Coordinate with WHH team to get timely feedback and recommendations during the course of project cycle management.
- Maintain consistent coordination with district/municipal authorities, other relevant stakeholders for the timely completion of the project.
- Maintain smooth internal coordination with project team, executive director, finance/logistic and board members make them accountable towards projects.
- Coordinate with WHH field team to organize high level visits (donor, WHH HQ, WHH country office) and lead the field visits.
- Prepare high quality monthly, quarterly and annual report as per the mandate of the project and timely submission to the donor.
- Document the key successes and learning and challenges from the project and report to the donors/concerned agencies.
- Prepare project key progress/milestones/achievements, events reports are prepared and documented for the final reporting.
Qualification and requirements:
- At least 5 plus years of similar work experience with I/NGOs and government especially in Terai region of Nepal.
- MSc in environmental science/ engineering, development studies or equivalent degree from the recognized university.
- Solid working experience in water supply, sanitation and hygiene particularly focusing on safely managed drinking water, Post-ODF (Total sanitation), Fecal Sludge Management and Solid Waste management.
- Experiences on project cycle management and leading +20 staffs
- Experiences in humanitarian crisis/emergencies and basic understanding of WASH emergency response/reconstruction, including sphere standards.
- Knowledge and skills on Rights- based approaches, GESI, nutrition, and special needs of women in this context would be an added advantage.
- Willingness to travel extensively in the project locations and ability to work under high pressure.
- Ability to prepare technical reports in English reflecting the problem/learnings with possible solutions.
- Excellent command of spoken and written of English and Nepali. Knowledge of Terai local languages (Tharu, Maithali) would be an added advantage.
- Valid two-wheeler driving license is mandatory, able to ride a motorcycle in rural environment.
Child Safeguarding, Core Humanitarian Standard, GESI
- Ensure that all Program staffs understand and respect the Child Safeguarding and Child Protection Policies, CHS and GESI
- Report on the protection concerns to the Project Coordinator in-line with the MCDC Nepal Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Ensure the Child Protection Policy, CHS and GESI code of conduct visible at all level and activities.
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling MCDC Nepal values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for MCDC Nepal, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, communities and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Flexible, receptive, adaptive, good listener, easy to talk to.
- The job responsibilities as explained above are not exhaustive and the position holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experiences for good will of organization.
- Adopt and demonstrate “Do No Harm” Policy in each and every step of your assignments.